Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting Member Benefit
Having a Grand Opening, Ribbon Cutting or Groundbreaking Ceremony?
Let the St Marys Area Chamber of Commerce help you celebrate.
The chamber would be delighted to hlep your business celebrate with a Grand Opening, Ribbon Cutting
or Groundbreaking Ceremony.
A ribbon cutting ceremony is an important part of your over-all marketing and advertising plan and is a great way to kick off a grand opening of a business. It offers an opportunity to meet key leaders in the community and get acquainted with your neighbors and chamber members. The St Marys Area Chamber of Commerce woul
d enjoy assisting you in planning a successful event for your business.
The chamber only schedules ribbon cuttings Monday thru Thursday 10am - 3 pm
Friday from 9 am - 1pm.
Preferred time is from 11 am - 2 pm
Scheduling with the chamber should take place a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the event. This will allow the chamber time to invite members of the Board of Trustees, the ambassadors and dignitaries from the City of St Marys to join your celebration.
The Chamber staff will help make things go as smoothly as possible by:
- Notifying the Chamber Board of Trustees, Ambassadors, City Dignitaries and chamber members encouraging them to attend your event
- Putting you in touch with other chamber businesses that can provide catering, deli and beverage services, publicity and even invitations
- Bringing the giant scissors and taking pictures at the appointed time.
- The chamber will take digital photos of the event which can be emailed at no additional cost
- Notify the newspaper - We cannot guarantee that they will attend or what they will put in the paper
What the business is responsible to do:
- Hors D'oeuvres and veberages are usually served, but it it your decision. Your plan can be as simple or elaborate as you like, whatever fits your budget
- Contact any media with announcements or advertisement of the event
- We suggest preparing a short write up for any reporters that attend the event.